Friday, February 10, 2012

Red or Blue

Today my Mongolian tour guide (really our driver Erka) took us to try on the traditional Mongolian costume, called a deel. They were beautiful. The Mongolian new year is almost here and everyone will be wearing one. I am trying to decide do I like red or blue better. Alex will not try one on. He insists it is a dress! But they are required to be worn at his school during the week of the new year... this could get interesting.



My hat had a cool blue silk top thing. I was hoping you could see it better in this shot. I love how the try on belt was a lovely shocking yellow/green color. I learned to two things about deels. First they are uncomfortably warm to wear inside, and secondly they are NOT slimming. Oh well, with those two things in mind, I still would love to get one.

6 comments:

judy said...

Get one!!!
you look beautiful in them!!! And the hat is amazing!!!

Brooke Jarrett said...

I love the blue one!!

judy said...

We vote blue...which is surprising for this red family

Alisa and Crowells said...

The blue looks really good on you; then the blue top on the hat with the red looks good, too! Tough decision!

Anne said...

i vote both.

The Harpers said...

Blue. Definitely blue. And, maybe you've heard this one already but...do you know how to say "magic" in Mongolian? Makes me giggle.

Don't freeze to death. Miss you!