Monday, January 31, 2011

A December Post

Patrick went on a business trip to New York in December. He did a lot of work and saw a lot of our friends. He took pictures of our friends, but I didn't know if they wanted pictures of themselves up on the net... Especially because a lot of those pictures were taken in the freezing cold with red faces and drippy noses. So I am just putting up shots of New York.







Alex's school had a Christmas program.



After a candy opening frenzy we watched "How to Train Your Dragon." Our remote has been missing for two months, and our dvd player won't work without a remote. We gave it to him for Christmas and it is the only movie we have that plays automatically. Its nice when things work out like that. (We have since replaced the remote.)



The most important part of Christmas is celebrating the birth of the Savior. On Christmas Eve we read scriptures about the nativity and set up a stable scene. This year Alex included a Christmas snake in the scene. After we read we think of gifts that we can give the Savior. We then light a candle and sing Happy Birthday.



I just want to say on this last day of January... Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

Hey Patricia,

So fun to see an update. You guys look great. How's life going? It's been way too long since we've seen each other.

Alisa and Crowells said...

Sweet Alex--wanting to include a snake. There must have been one there. :) What a really beautiful idea with the gift box and candle.

Brooke Jarrett said...

So, I have seen new blog posts come across on my blog for your blog but I don't see them once I click on it. What's going on? I need some Barnes updates in my life!!