Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mongolia



Patrick has traveled to Mongolia a lot lately for work. In September he had to go for a three week long trip. I joined him for a week and a half. We stayed in Ulaanbaatar. He worked all day and I cruised around the city getting to know the culture and trying to read street signs. On the weekend we stayed in a ger (Mongolian term for a yurt) camp. It was cold!






The countryside wasn't what I expected. It reminded me of parts of Idaho. I thought it was funny that I traveled all that way to go to Idaho which is a short drive from Salt Lake City.





We rode some camels that were randomly by the side of the road.



This vulture was only six months old. This family let people play with their birds they had two eagles and a vulture. The eagle was traditionally used for hunting.

1 comment:

Alisa and Crowells said...

How cool!!! Thanks for posting some pictures! How awesome to hold such a large bird!