Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tsagaan Sar Part 2


We were invited to a second more informal Tsagaan Sar. But I was feeling better and glad to have a chance to celebrate.



Her English and my Mongolian were on par with each other. We had a lot of laughs as we both tried navigating the languages.



For some reason Alex' stuffed koala bear joined us. The meal was great. I am still easing into snacking on animal fat. Maybe some day I will get there. In the mean time Mongolians have amazing soup recipes. And I have loved every soup I have tried here.



There were chocolates on top of the bread tower! You can believe that we took advantage of that.



Yeah... still easing into the snacking on fat chunks thing. Most of the fat was gone from this picture because it had already been eaten.



Amarsaana is learning to play the horse head fiddle. It is a beautiful cello-like instrument. I feel like I really need to thank Erka and Amarsaana for hosting us during Tsagaan Sar. If they are ever in the US, I would love to treat the to a traditional Thanksgiving meal. And they can be shocked at our turkey dressing and jelly -like cranberry sauce. They were amazing hosts and served wonderful meals that took hours to prepare. Thank you so much for making Mongolia a happy home for us!

No comments: