Monday, November 14, 2011

Reverence

Alex gave a talk in his Sunday school class last Sunday. I helped him write it. But I tried to make him write it as much as possible. So I asked him leading questions and at the end I added a scriptural reference.


Reverence is when you sit quietly while a person talks in the microphone. Its important because if you are loud and crazy than the person next to you, in back of you or in front of you can't hear and can't feel the spirit. It is really important to be reverent during the sacrament. During the sacrament I think about Jesus. I am quiet so people can remember their baptism promises. When I am baptized I will quietly remember my baptism promises during the sacrament. Joseph Smith said, "As I pondered over these things which are written the eyes if my understanding were opened, and the spirit of the Lord rested upon me." Doctrine and Covenants 138:11) I can be like Joseph Smith. If I reverently think about Jesus, I can feel the Holy Ghost. I believe in God and in his son Jesus. I know Jesus loves us.

2 comments:

Teresa Whitehead said...

Well done, Alex (and Mom!).

judy said...

He did a great job. I was very proud of him!